I didn’t know we had any p-patches around the u-district. I was quite surprised to learn there was one just down the street from my house. I’ve driven past it easily hundreds of times and always thought it was just someone’s garden. It was interesting to see that even though it was a p-patch most of the plants were still flowers. I figured it would all be fruits and vegetables that could be eaten.Teresa Mares’ talk about p-patches was also very interesting. I guess growing up in Colorado, there is so much farming that I never realized that anyone outside of those communities wanted to grow stuff too. I actually like the idea of the p-patch, a public piece of land devoted to something other than development. In their current state, I can never really see them as more than just a hobby but if they were bigger they could definitely be used to support individual communities.
I think it would be fun to own one of the plots myself. I’ve always thought that cooking my own food tastes better than going to a restaurant and I would imagine that growing what I cook would be even better than that. Plus, knowing how to farm for yourself would just be a good tool to be able to utilize.

No comments:
Post a Comment